Work is progressing on a CSTA All-Phases software collection for Microsoft platforms. This collection will include a .NET 2.0 DLL, a couple of sample clients (a GUI client and a console-mode client) that can be used for testing, and numerous other samples.
The DLL will include the following things:
- All of the classes generated by ASN1C for the CSTA and ACSE ASN.1 specifications for all three phases.
- Three classes, one for each phase, that will allow you to communicate with any PBX device that uses standard BER communication.
- Three classes, one for each phase, that will allow you to communicate with any PBX device that uses IETF communication (BER with a two-byte length prefix).
- Numerous additional classes for various specific PBX devices that have special communication protocols.
- Helper classes for tasks like managing communication to the PBX and holding CSTA operation codes as constants.
The GUI client will be a simple client that will allow you to enter specific commands and see the results. Asynchronous data, such as monitor packets, will be displayed in a separate box from the one used for synchronous results. The console-mode client will be similar to the current CSTA C++ test client programs; the client will prompt you for the needed input and display results from the operations you choose.