We have released new versions of our ASN1C and ASN1VE products for 2017.
ASN1C is an ASN.1 code generator capable of generating C/C++, Java and C# data bindings for ASN.1 schemas. The new release adds the following new features:
- Support added for OER in Java and C# - The capability to generate encoders and decoders for the Octet Encoding Rules (OER) in Java and C# languages has been added. The capability existed previously to generate C/C++ code for these rules. Generated code now supports the ITU-T X.696 standard by default, although it is still possible to code conforming to the original NTCIP standard..
- Support added for Canonical OER - The capability to generate code to support Canonical OER in all languages has been added.
- Generation of C/C++ code to better support 64-bit architectures - A new command-line option - -x64 - was added to generate code that is a better fit for 64-bit architectures.
- Improved support for ISO date/time C/C++ code generation for BER and DER encoding rules.
- Support added for character string types as default values.
- Libraries built with gcc 6.x have been added to Linux distributions.
ASN1VE is an ASN.1 Viewer/Editor program that allows ASN.1 encoded data to analyzed and edited. The following new capabilities were added:
- Capability to select multiple elements in tree view for deletion or searching.
- Capability to more accurately show the location of errors in encoded data.
- Automatic detection of block-size and padding bytes in CDR files with blocked format.
Both of these releases take advantage of a year's worth of work to improve the ASN.1 processing engine code base infrastructure. This includes integration of bug fixes to all issues reported during the past year and well as performance and security improvements.
Free evaluation downloads of both products are now available on our web-site. Users with active support may upgrade to the new releases at any time.