ASN1VE (ASN.1 Viewer / Editor) is a graphical user interface (GUI) tool for analyzing and editing
data encoded using any of the ASN.1 encoding rules (BER, DER, CER, PER, U-PER). It provides the
capability to assign an ASN.1 schema to binary data to produce multiple views of the data showing
all of the assigned type and element names. To see some of these features in action, please visit
our feature video.
Examples of some of the message types that can be viewed, created, or edited are:
- PER 3G and 4G ASN.1-based signaling protocol messages such as those used in the NBAP, RANAP,
RNSAP, RRC, S1AP, and X2AP protocols.
- OMA Secure User Plane Location (SUPL) messages which are used in many GPS related
- H.323 protocol signalling messages.
- Security related files such as PKIX/X.509 certificates and CRL's,
Crytptographic Message Syntax, and PKCS. Privacy enhanced mail
(PEM) formatted data files are supported.
- V2X-related protocol messages including DSRC, CAM, DENM, and
IEEE 1609.2 certificates
- Transferred Account Procedure (TAP3) batch files
- Files containing Call Detail Records (CDR's) in various vendor
formats including 3GPP standard CDR's with TS 32.297 headers
The basic functionality contained within ASN1VE may be used free without a license.
This includes viewing the basic structure of BER-encoded data in tree, hex, and detail
views. Advanced functionality requires a license file be purchased. Advanced features
include the following:
- View and edit Packed Encoding Rules (PER) messages
- View and edit Octet Encoding Rules (OER) messages
- Associate an ASN.1 schema definition with a binary message
- Edit data fields within a message and create new messages
- Search command to find various items in decoded messages
- ASN1Decoder command-line tool for translating binary data
to XML, JSON, or brace text (Pro version only)
ASN1VE 3.4.0 is the latest release. This version was released
on 2 May 2023. See the
change log for details on what was changed in this release.